Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Freewrite #1

My first memory is of looking up at the top shelf of my greatgrandparents pantry and see ing the boxes of cereal.. I remember seing a bodx of corn flakes and a box of bran flakes. the pantry was right next to the bathroom door in an old farmhouse. the bathroom door had a painted on picture of a purple fower anda rickety handle that didn't work. the door had to be locked with a hook. the old pantry had a wooden door and had 4 shelves. they always had cereal. My great grandparents used to give me bread butter and jelly for food. the plain white bread was first covered in butter which was always on the table then it was covered in strawberry jelly. that was put in a bowl and covered with milk. i remember it being really yummy but i can't iomagine eating it now. they also always had ice cream which was all thet my great grandfather would eat for the last few months he was alive. he was a very stubborn man. he didn't want to move back to pawnee and my great grandmother finally just left him in new mexico and went home herself the year that i was born. he eventurally followed. so i guess she was more stubborn . that trait i can blame on them. she always had patchwork blankets made out of polyesther material on her bed. and a cheap box of throw away jewelry taht i used ot love playing with. as they got older they bought a lift chair that had massage that my sister and i used ot love to play on. everyday we would watch days of our lives and then oprah. eventually my father would pick us up. i think i stopped staying ther eand stayed alone around 8.

No comments:

Post a Comment